You can automatically track your time in Sql Server Management Studio (SSMS) using the iTimeTrack plugin.
- Download the four required files from:
- Github (https://github.com/itimetrack/itimetrack-ssms/releases/latest), individually download each file
- Copy the four files to:
- You will probably need to create the last two folders MSEnvShared and Addins
- Optionally, you can choose other folders that SSMS looks for plugins at by starting regedit.exe, then go to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\SQL Server Management Studio\11.0_Config\AutomationOptions\LookInFolders
- Right click on iTimeTrack.dll, Properties and select Unblock. Also unblock nlog.dll
- Restart SQL Server Management Studio.
- The first time the plugin runs, it will download and install Python (if there is no Python on the system) and it will install the itimetrack-cli (the shared code between plugins), so be patient.
- Enter your API key (retrieved from http://itimetrack.com/app/) , then press enter.
- Use SQL Server Management Studio like you normally do and your time will be tracked for you automatically.
- Visit http://itimetrack.com/app/ to see your generated time.