To retrieve your iTimeTrack API key:
- Login to the iTimeTrack web app
- Click on “Settings” in the left hand menu
- Click on “User Preferences”
- Under the label “API Key Settings”, select the text in the text box (this is your API key) and paste it into your plugin of choice
The way the words “automated time tracking” are used is watered down. Its like the word “faux leather”, an insult to the word leather. Just because a computer (software) is tracking it doesn’t mean its automated if you are MANUALLY entering the time entries.
Lets first talk about what automated time tracking is NOT.
- It’s not automated if you have manually add time entries
- It’s not automated if you have to start a timer
- It’s not automated if you have to select a project or task
- It’s not automated if you have to click a button in Zendesk or Jira
iTimeTrack automatically tracks time for you. To not get confused with the other (non) automatic time trackers, we like to say iTimeTrack automagically tracks time for you, while you work.